Brahmos Supersonic Cruise Missile : News, Updates and Discussions

It was actually an accidental firing. The missile flew a predetermined course which was fed into it without the target co-ordinates and did not have the warhead. This missile can't miss its target as during tests it has never failed.
However some missiles do have predetermined flight track data fed to be upgraded with target co-ordinates just before firing as this missile is designed to hit targets which have been moved from their location recently and also to be upgaraded with the newest location of a target not just before launch but also during its flight to the target.

It was actually an accidental firing. The missile flew a predetermined course which was fed into it without the target co-ordinates and did not have the warhead. This missile can't miss its target as during tests it has never failed.
However some missiles do have predetermined flight track data fed to be upgraded with target co-ordinates just before firing as this missile is designed to hit targets which have been moved from their location recently and also to be upgaraded with the newest location of a target not just before launch but also during its flight to the target.

So the News is True or Just another
Drama to get international approval and appreciation

Very unlikely. Last update from new chairman said it's still in design stage.

Refer the discussion:

Post in thread 'Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighter For The Indian Navy - Updates & Discussions' Multi-Role Carrier Borne Fighter For The Indian Navy - Updates & Discussions

Yeah I remember that, and this new NG trial is possibly Brahmos own trial of sub systems, not user dev trial of which videos we usually see.
The news did rounds for a day though I could not find exact source. Most likely someone from the company let it slip during the Africa expo about prelim trials being done by end of year or early 2023.

The other things is its weight, seen both 1.2T & 1.5T figures. Tejas can carry 1.2T max in its center pylon , so how will it carry if Ng is 1.5 ton? extra strengthening of pylon?

Hmm that longer range brahmos talk is gathering pace, but I can not find the original source from where it got leaked.
A 1000km range missile would need an immaculate seeker at such speed.
Does this indicate the ramjet tech is maturing fast? Would help if we get to know whether the ramjet is bought from Rus or not.

FfZ4ezwaEAEpDI3

Reactions: Amarante and Ashwin
Nirbhay spec chart

FfZ4ezwaEAEpDI3

Update on Nirbhay

Apparently, 2 new cruise missile programs are online now. Nirbhay has technically ended.

As we can see from the previous post above, the two new programs based on Nirbhay project are probably LR-LACM & ITCM.
Not sure if ET-LRLACM which neutronx hinted might be a hypersonic weapon is same project or not. ET is Endo-thermic Long range LACM.
I would guess both these programs are subsonic cruise missiles?
Notice the private companies involved in the project.
Another thing, hypersonic project was top listed in one of the list published before by RMO, I forgot what list it was but as project this is definitely given priority. Given we saw HSTDV is tech demo, so similar multiple projects can/will offshoot from it which will also include many things learned from ITCM Nirbhay projects. So we are going in right path project wise.
The only other thing I am waiting for is the BMD, AAD project.

Nirbhay spec chart

FfZ4ezwaEAEpDI3

As we can see from the previous post above, the two new programs based on Nirbhay project are probably LR-LACM & ITCM.
Not sure if ET-LRLACM which neutronx hinted might be a hypersonic weapon is same project or not. ET is Endo-thermic Long range LACM.
I would guess both these programs are subsonic cruise missiles?
Notice the private companies involved in the project.
Another thing, hypersonic project was top listed in one of the list published before by RMO, I forgot what list it was but as project this is definitely given priority. Given we saw HSTDV is tech demo, so similar multiple projects can/will offshoot from it which will also include many things learned from ITCM Nirbhay projects. So we are going in right path project wise.
The only other thing I am waiting for is the BMD, AAD project.
ITCM-TD is to certify manik engine, it will not enter production.