Babri Masjid Case: Is it more prudent to settle it outside the court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you willing to compromise on any of the three?
Hindus can use the verdict in Ayodhya case to claim ownership of the mosque land. Once you acquire the land and become owner, you can do whatever you want with it based on the building bylaws of the city/state.

Yeah, Lets hold ourselfs hostage to the what a *censored*ing dead king did 4 centuries back and burn the country to ground. Meanwhile across the non third word countries even peoples belonging to different countries who once killed each other in millions are co-operating for a better future.

• Agree
Reactions: randomradio
Yes, however it takes a mob, a political party and a shrewd lawyer to make a case. HIndus are full of sentiments, anyways.
I think the attachment I posted makes it pretty clear that save the Ram Janmabhoomi, the rest of the disputed structures carry no legitimacy.

For that matter, irrespective of what the Sangh/BJP and its affiliates hold, support for the temple though widespread simply fails to duplicate the intensity of the mass movement in the late 80's & early 90's, what to speak of other disputes.

The BJP has milked the issue dry. In financial terms, the temple movement is overleveraged. They can't expect much political capital now nor much even if it's built on their initiative.

Yeah, Lets hold ourselfs hostage to the what a *censored*ing dead king did 4 centuries back and burn the country to ground. Meanwhile across the non third word countries even peoples belonging to different countries who once killed each other in millions are co-operating for a better future.
Perhaps the reconciliation happened in the light of knowledge of the after effects of millions killed, given that these events occured in recent memory . The politics of the sub continent is full of the pitfalls of what half made societies face. More true of India than its neighbours.

I think the attachment I posted makes it pretty clear that save the Ram Janmabhoomi, the rest of the disputed structures carry no legitimacy.

For that matter, irrespective of what the Sangh/BJP and its affiliates hold, support for the temple though widespread simply fails to duplicate the intensity of the mass movement in the late 80's & early 90's, what to speak of other disputes.

The BJP has milked the issue dry. In financial terms, the temple movement is overleveraged. They can't expect much political capital now nor much even if it's built on their initiative.

You have covered two aspects in your post - legitimacy and political leverage.

I agree that Ram Mandir has been used to its core and any further claim on any other religious place wont find much drive. However for legitimacy, our politicians can over rule any law and cite sentiments of public. Very easy to strike through courts if its come to massive vote bank.

Though we may never see such eventuality considering act like of 1992 would infact frustrate people more. Ram Mandir is more of a prestige issue for many than religious one. They wont like to put their honor again and again and fight for un-necessary objectives.

• Agree
Reactions: Angel Eyes
Folks, I remember commenting on this thread a long time back. Today, while watching another video (On Rafale), I got a validation of my belief that Indian courts do not have the ability to decide ancient issues like this which predate the current legal system adopted in India.

Rafale Jet Deal In Supreme Court: Is There A Scam?

Listen to this learned SC Advocate commenting about what SC's conduct on judging Rafale deal. His comment that "Supreme Court or rather Attorney General should not have allowed to a summon an IAF officer to comment on performance aspect of the plane, it sets a very dangerous precedent as in the future now SC will be asked to judge on merits of one tank or another. SC's boundary should be evaluating procedural and legal aspect of the deal, which it set for itself by itself" is quite enlightening.

In the same vein, SC or Indian courts cannot effectively decide how an "Ancient Injustice" or "Ancient Dispute" or "Ancient Invasion" can and if be constitutionally remedied because it is not a matter of legal opinion which a court can give but more the matter of "sentimental opinion" and "historic opinion" on a matter which predates the current legal system by a massive amount of time.

The only remedy to this dispute is either legislation or referendum on what or how this matter should be solved. Better, such referendum or legislation be one time affair with an explicit clause that a future referendum like this cannot be called about any other shrine for what so ever reason and their sanctity and status quo should be maintained. No matter how you decide this dispute you are going to cut one community or the other. So cut once and cut deep. Other option is to put the matter in complete abeyance till a certain date in the future together with decisions on few --and I mean very very very few-- selected other such shrines with a legislation that no further ancient shrines will have their sanctity questioned or disputed and in case of any damage done in a riot they will be restored. These shrines --of all faiths-- are ancient legacies, of India and its history --both of 'natives' and 'outsiders' who settled in the region for good-- and should be preserved.

Further, comments like these
Hindu idols will come out if Delhi's Jama Masjid is razed: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj - Times of India
should be arraigned and person should be charged.

It remains to be seen if the 'so called' leaders and policy makers of this country have enough will and strong knees to take a correct decision. Actually scratch that. It is more of a question of the people itself. If they have enough will and strong knees to fix this situation forever and ensure that they are not baited into this situation ever again.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Other option is to put the matter in complete abeyance till a certain date in the future together with decisions on few --and I mean very very very few-- selected other such shrines with a legislation that no further ancient shrines will have their sanctity questioned or disputed and in case of any damage done in a riot they will be restored. These shrines --of all faiths-- are ancient legacies, of India and its history --both of 'natives' and 'outsiders' who settled in the region for good-- and should be preserved.
Agree with the rest of your post except the part quoted. Please refer to # 80 on this very thread for the quotation in this post.

Further, the jury is out on whether the matter should've ever been referred to the SC for the very same reasons that you've listed in your opening statements.

The courts themselves beginning from the lower courts , were wary of deciding on the issue but to its credit , didn't back off from hearing the case. It's a different matter that they haven't been able to arrive at a judgement, which suited everyone around, especially the authorities, up until 1986, which was when the Ram Janmabhoomi temple was thrown open to Hindu devotees.

The rest of the drama is known.

THREAD!!

I think @Arvind , you should be modifying the title of this thread as we don't have one on this monumental occasion. If someone needs look back at this era on this particular subject matter, let this be the omnibus thread on this forum for it.

Sir , How did you manage to DIG OUT this Old Thread :ROFLMAO:

I was searching for any Ram Mandir thread , but did not find any
So I posted on Political Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.