Babri Masjid Case: Is it more prudent to settle it outside the court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is NOT my buddy. He was a protege of a friend, and I reluctantly intervened considering the amount of foul abuse that he received (not from you). As for you, I wish you would pick someone your own size.

I don't know what you meant by baiting, skulduggery and other such examples of moral rectitude that you have ascribed to me. These are not traits I aim to acquire, and do not want to respond when accused of possessing them.

Let's drop it . All I can say is guynextdoor brings out the troll in me . And the worst part is I can better him at it . Peace .

The basis on which the Constitution works is it cannot question the faith. Even SC nor Parliament can question Ram's existence. The move backfired for INC in SC when they stated there is historical evidence of Ram ever born in Ayodhya or his presence only to change their stance in next hearing.

You are completely wrong; the Constitution ignores faith, it does not pretend to not question it. If that were so, there would not be a reform of Hindu personal law; there would not be an attempt to legislate against triple talaaq; there would not be a forthright rejection of the judgement in the Shah Bano case, and a reinterpretation by practising judges of a view of the Muslim Personal Law that favours the divorced woman.

Whenever in doubt, the Constitution puts the liberty of the individual ahead of the dictates of religion.

Let's say even if INC rules for next 100 years. It cannot build a mosque nor question his Ram's existence. This is simple politics. They will lose elections and people support. If this is supposed to be, how can even a referendum work? I have never crossed Tirupathi in north and only transited through Mumbai and not sure if I will get to Ram temple if its built in my lifetime. But its dear to the people in the locality.

You started with the Constitution and jumped to the Congress. Neither are the two similar nor are they opposed; they are entirely different types of entity. Finally, why you should want to see the Ram temple built, and why you should want to see it built when there is such a cloud over the entire matter is difficult to understand. Especially when you realise, as perhaps you do, that there were many variations of the Ramayana, and there is NO justification for following up one of these versions as authentic and superior to the others.

I believe Muslims can gain peace by giving up their claim on the land and in effect get an assurance from govt that an mosque, a grand one will be built with a bill along with Ram temple (Another grey area as BJP has promised to build a temple and a mosque if SC agrees through a bill in Parliament when state shouldnt spend on religious structures). Ayodhya can result in long lasting peace between 2 communities in the North.

That is reasonable, but it depends on the Muslims agreeing. Broadly; not 100%, for there will always be a busybody who will object, but broadly.

One can never know if Ram was born in that particular land, but a temple was there, most likely a ram temple(considering its Ayodhya) which was demolished. Some issues are too complicated to be decided by mutual consensus and SC is handling the most difficult case in India. Faith has always been respected, but strongly factored by faith of the majority,sadly, true in every country, from Turkey to old Palestine to new Israel.

If you went through the records, and the variations, you would perhaps have a livelier appreciation of the historicity of the account.

PS: I find the existence of Ram true. A mythological character can never leave such hard impact impression in Indian polity and beyond (Thai, Indonesia and Malaysia). A true character mould with mythology over generations. Emerging evidence of Ram Sethu is man made is one such dimension.

You cannot find it true. You can feel it true. As for the grounds on which you put forward this preposterous proposition, there are similar variations of folk lore in numerous other cultural traditions; none of these existing makes them more than real in the imagination of the people who think of them. Please do not conflate belief with evidence.

Let's drop it . All I can say is guynextdoor brings
out the troll in me . And the worst part is I can better him at it . Peace .

I know you can and I despise your tendency to slum around with those clearly your inferiors. It is a sickening sight, rather like Nilgiri among the Bangladeshis.

PS: And the other dreadful situation is that you find yourself in the company of the coarse, the foul, the smegmatic Sanghis. How you can bear their company completely eludes me. You might like to look up the phrase 'noblesse oblige'. You owe it to us, and I say this with disapproval of your very juvenile frolicking around.

I never said that referendum WILL work. I only claim referendum can validate if your solution or bunch of solutions are acceptable to majority. It can result in a universal bycott of referrendum too. All depends upon who and what solutions are provided and how it was presented to the country. I propose referendum as a process which can let this issue to rest finally, so it is much harder to raise again and again. There is a massive feeling among Hindus, IMHO, that they had no say in the direction of country in the matter of faith. Referrendum will help to quell that.

BTW, I don't believe this will ever to settled because it is beneficial for political parties.

About existance of Ram. Well, debating that is not exactly helpful to this discussion. I mentioned him to highlight why a court is not going to help.

May I acknowledge your sober, balanced posts? They are very reasonable, and unfortunately do not seem to have got the attention they deserved.

@Guynextdoor

If you recall, there were instances on PDF when you got yourself into a great deal of hot water, and found every hand against you. jbgt90 used to come to your rescue; I think he dragged me in as well a couple of times.

Quite honestly, if you take up the cudgels against a foulmouth and a guttersnipe, you will land up taking a lot of personal abuse. On this forum, I do not feel energetic enough to fight these little wars, and want peace and quiet. So you will have to fight your fights alone. Against others, such as @_Anonymous_ you are simply outgunned; whoever he is, if he wishes, he can make life hell for you. While I feel that he should not pick on you, I said, or wrote as much, hoping that he would feel embarrassed at the unequal match. But if he persists, even I am no match for him, and do not want to provoke him.

My suggestion; avoid tangling with him, at least.

I think the moderators should shut down this thread. The amount of personal abuse in every single post by one member is really sickening to read.
Why jbgt90 not here’s?

Who these two idiots? I I’ll gladly tangle with them because they’re morons. The rathore guy discovered that he had crossed puberty just day before yesterday. I like screwing him every now and then. The other one is plain stupid.

You couldn't be more wrong. My sincere advice: back off, don't tangle with him. Just ignore his posts.

I know you can and I despise your tendency to slum around with those clearly your inferiors. It is a sickening sight, rather like Nilgiri among the Bangladeshis.

PS: And the other dreadful situation is that you find yourself in the company of the coarse, the foul, the smegmatic Sanghis. How you can bear their company completely eludes me. You might like to look up the phrase 'noblesse oblige'. You owe it to us, and I say this with disapproval of your very juvenile frolicking around.

Hello Sir ; You are definitely Joe Shearer ; You stopped posting on PDF

Only a Temple will be Built at that Disputed site

Every body knows that ; That is why the CONGI goons wanted the Case to be adjourned till 2019 elections

Reactions: Aravind
What a troll thread...... Infractions has been issued and system seems to have banned few..... Do not try try to turn this in to a Indian version of .pk

Since Babri Masjid or Ram Mandir case is back on center stage, and posters so want to share their opinion, I am unlocking this thread.

Considering the flame baits and trolls this sensitive topics bought last time, I would be VERY STRICTLY moderating this thread.

Please be constructive and more importantly civil.

If the title suit goes in favour of Hindus, it will open gates for us to reclaim remaining 39999 temples which were demolished by the invaders and on which Mosques were built.

If the title suit goes in favour of Hindus, it will open gates for us to reclaim remaining 39999 temples which were demolished by the invaders and on which Mosques were built.

Very dangerous outcome. Will we ever freed of this mandir politics? How many hindus are aggrieved of those 39999 allegedly destroyed temples? Good enough to burn India.

Very dangerous outcome. Will we ever freed of this mandir politics? How many hindus are aggrieved of those 39999 allegedly destroyed temples? Good enough to burn India.
Its for this reason that I suggest an out of court settlement. Let us settle it only for Ayodhya, Gyanwapi and Mathura and leave the rest.

Attachments

• The Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991.pdf
    160.4 KB · Views: 403
Reactions: Arvind
Status
Not open for further replies.