- The Mk II project is in the detail design stage, it will be easier for HAL to manufacture it as ADA is making a production-friendly design for the aircraft.
- belong to the Medium weight class. It will be a bigger aircraft with a higher capacity engine, higher range and payload capacity, improved aerodynamics etc.
- ability to carry missiles like Astra and BrahMos, will have Software Defined Radios (SDR) and all equipment to wage electronic warfare.
- completely upgraded Flight Control Systems, avionics, sensors etc. of which the indigenous development has already started.
- to replace Mirage 2000, Jaguar and MiG-29 aircraft in the future
- IAF has committed itself to 201 Mk2
- NGTD will leverage the existing technology of the LCA to achieve the target of first flight within five years