India’s electric vehicle drive: Challenges and opportunities

No , this is not about oil/gas drilling.
I wasn't talking about Methane Hydrate. I was talking about the general scene of gas exploration & extraction.
This is about methane hydrate present on seabed . Even though there is supposed to be large quantity of those in India's EEC, we have not been able to successfully harvest them commercially as we dont have a viable technology.
This was very interesting read. Thank you. (y)

Tesla is junk. Typical Indians simping for gora saheb products...
Tesla is not junk. The built quality is not as solid as the German trio, but overall it’s a great car from space, safety, drivability and range prospective. Right now there is absolutely no competition to Tesla in US market. When every other car makers are throwing discounts, Tesla has increased price of Model X and S by 15k USD in last 2 years!!

Reactions: Tatvamasi
Tesla is not junk. The built quality is not as solid as the German trio, but overall it’s a great car from space, safety, drivability and range prospective. Right now there is absolutely no competition to Tesla in US market. When every other car makers are throwing discounts, Tesla has increased price of Model X and S by 15k USD in last 2 years!!
Yeah it's a good car if you ignore all the other issues that come with it...And it certainly is no global warming stopper...

I think PHEV's would be a good starting point for Indian Auto Market than directly jumping into Fully electric vehicles.

Reactions: Sathya
How is the public charging infrastructure? Is Ola working on it? They can easily put some chargers in filling stations.
Two Wheeler commuting range is less for me , probably 30-40 kms max.
Will charge at home.

If it's car I ll be more concerned about charging stations.

Reactions: Bali78
I think PHEV's would be a good starting point for Indian Auto Market than directly jumping into Fully electric vehicles.
Hybrids frankly speaking are too costly for India.
It is useless IMO as it basically is installing a weak motor and battery of measly capacity of a heavy ICE vehicle.
So any time you have to carry a waste load of either the IC engine and fuel or electric battery and motor depending on the mode you are using.
These two increase the cost many folds.

A car built specially for electric motors and battery is the right choice. This is why Tesla is so successful. Only problem is charging infra and that should be developed along the lines of gas stations.

How is the public charging infrastructure? Is Ola working on it? They can easily put some chargers in filling stations.
Two wheelers are mainly used for urban commuting. And developing Charging infra for 2 wheelers is cities is not that big task compared to say cars and heavy vehicles.
Also Ola is giving free home chargers which can charge these low capacity batteries within 4 hours at home or 50% in one hour. Not that bad imo provided it has a 80-100 range on single charge.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
Two wheelers are mainly used for urban commuting. And developing Charging infra for 2 wheelers is cities is not that big task compared to say cars and heavy vehicles.
Also Ola is giving free home chargers which can charge these low capacity batteries within 4 hours at home or 50% in one hour. Not that bad imo provided it has a 80-100 range on single charge.

Some are cancelling their order because for permanent ly fixed battery.
Those living in apartment s won't have charging point even if they have proper parking space.

I think push is for full electric vehicle.

Plan to Prepone 30 % alcohol blend..
Selling Stakes in petroleum refinery & even bunks ..
High cost of petrol & diesel..

All this I think because of betting on full electric vehicles.

It ll be easier to install charging points at current bunks.

Only the government and oil companies would have to decide on that. Dealers would nbe definitely up for it.

Some are cancelling their order because for permanent ly fixed battery.
Those living in apartment s won't have charging point even if they have proper parking space.
I guess they have to come up with some workaround to solve that problem in multistory apartments. Pulling out battery packs for recharging in not appropriate.

Tesla adds Hindi to its interface, hints at imminent India launch​

Tesla is all set to enter the Indian markets soon, and there is one more proof that the launch of its electric cars in the country is just a matter of time. In an effort to ready its electric vehicles for the Indian customers, Tesla has added Hindi as one of the languages on its infotainment UI recently.
Screenshots of the language updates have been shared on social media showing the screen of a Tesla car with commands written in Hindi. This will help Tesla to reach out to its potential customers in India a lot easily, where Hindi is one of the most spoken languages.
Besides Hindi, Tesla has also added other foreign languages like Russian, Greek, Croatian and Finnish to its infotainment UI, which indicate the US-based electric vehicle manufacturer's global marketing strategy.

According to the Twitter user who shared the images of the language updates, Tesla added these languages as part of its most recent software update and will be added to all its existing models.

After a long wait, Tesla announced its entry in India earlier this year in January. The EV maker registered as Tesla India Motors in Karnataka, months after its CEO Elon Musk had hinted at Tesla's entry into India. In 2019, replying to a Twitter query, Musk had said he "would love to be there this year. If not, definitely next!" Later, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari also said Tesla is set to start its operations in India by this year and may set up a manufacturing unit as well.

Tesla is likely to make its India debut with its most popular offering around the world - the Model 3 electric car. Since Tesla is yet to set up its own manufacturing facility in India, the first of its electric vehicles for the Indian customers are likely to be imported via CBU (completely built unit) route. It is expected that a Tesla Model 3 would cost roughly around ₹70 lakh.

In May this year, Tesla appointed Prashanth R Menon as the director for its India operations. Menon has been with Tesla for four years and has taken charge to oversee the company’s introduction in India.