Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

Ramachandra Guha (@Ram_Guha) Tweeted:
"Kashmiris said that of all the crackdowns they had lived through, this was the worst".
"A population that felt besieged, confused, frightened and furious".
This NYT report tells the truth about India to Indians; much as the BBC did during the Emergency:
Kashmir report: ‘Living hell here’ ( )

For some reason TamBrahm from Bangalore is having a meltdown on behalf of the Kashmiris.

I wonder if he wrote this post becuase this is the worst crackdown Kasmiris have lived through and therefore are probably feeling besieged, confused, frightened and furious? Just a thought......

Our government function under the auspices of our constitution which guarantees every citizen the right to question it on any and every matter.
Intellectual deficit is quite pronuned among millenials. It's a generation that lacks civic awareness, intellectually malnourished because they have probably never read a book other than what is required to pass the engineering college, unable to hold a intelligent conversation for more than 15 minutes without suffering a neurotic fit..
I have seen a sudden surge of constitutional expert on the forum!

Which constitution have you read if I may ask? Everything that comes to your mind suddenly become a right granted by constitution, doesn't matter if it was even mentioned in constitution or not.

And then to top that somehow engineers or millennials are duffer and can't have 15 min of conversation with self proclaimed intellectuals and what not!

Where do you get this much arrogance and hubris provided your replies exposes your depth pretty well! JNU se ho?

• Agree
Reactions: vingensys
I wonder if he wrote this post becuase this is the worst crackdown Kasmiris have lived through and therefore are probably feeling besieged, confused, frightened and furious? Just a thought......

I have seen a sudden surge of constitutional expert on the forum!

Which constitution have you read if I may ask? Everything that comes to your mind suddenly become a right granted by constitution, doesn't matter if it was even mentioned in constitution or not.

And then to top that somehow engineers or millennials are duffer and can't have 15 min of conversation with self proclaimed intellectuals and what not!

Where do you get this much arrogance and hubris provided your replies exposes your depth pretty well! JNU se ho?

ignoring my off topic rant on millenials, please let me know which part of my take on the constitution was wrong. If you don't like such opinions on this forum, kindly let me know and I'll make myself scarce. Won't be the first time though.

Concerned about public opinion or goodwill/prosperity of the population. Choose one?. How does the opinion of BBC or AlAkber matter in the long run?

Option 1) Let the separatists have a free run, let the propaganda goes on, let the radicals and Huriyat free ride to instigate violence, just like 2016.
Last time result was 15,000 injured few hundred dead, massive propaganda boost for terrorists. Perhaps this time much more deaths

Is that going to bring goodwill and prosperity? You are speaking as if we don't infact put restrictions, average peaceful folks in valley will be going to shops,schools and travel free? In 2016, separatists given free hand & they shut down valley for an entire 6 months with almost no shops allowed to open,schools burned & barricades on roads

Option 2) Take the instigators to preventive custody, slow things down,deny the trouble makers the critical heat moment after the abolishing of article 370. Protests are built over moments, if separatists utilize the moment for instigation, they are in top.In 2016 they suceeded in utilising the burhan wani death moment. As of now, government have control over this critical moment of article 370 & there is no large scale violence, injuries are less than 20.

Reclaiming the handle of law and order is important for the state. Even when allowing protests, it should always be known to everyone that state is the one in charge of law & order and it has the ability to enforce it,If you loose that Its just a matter of time before you loose complete control. Even the peoples who are not separatists will consider separatists as the one in charge.

International /Indian media is rightly concerned about Indians wanting to marry Kashmiri women than Pakistan asking to kill hindus in kashmir .

• Agree
Reactions: Parthu
They do.

Calm down, relax, breath, read first before replying.

There is no right to protest but right to peaceful protest and even that is subjected to constraints of law and order and more so in volatile places. Don't just read first sentence or headline, read it full.

Read again what I said and what you are replying, it's not even connected. What I said that if there were any protests big enough it will be covered very well by media, if it's not in media it means there are aren't any.

And since we are talking about constitution and democracy now will be a good time to read it onc, not all just relevant articles, full not headings, that will clear lot of misconception people have about democracy and constitution. There is nothing absolute, not even right to life, everything is subjected to reasonable restrictions.
So, you do not have a convincing answer. 'Nothing is absolute' is not the answer to every hard question. It cannot be the justification to put curfew and blackout on millions of population.