What is abc, xyz about economics.

Nothing you have written is true. India is not in a strong position on anything in wto. Every single position has been maintained with trench warfare and we have lost some too. I don’t even know if you have anything to back this up or if you’re just typing in your fantasies.

Wrong! WTO is a negotiation and consensus based organization. It oversees that agreements reached are non-discriminatory and binding in nature. That said, it cannot force agreements arbitrarily. India, has successfully kept her interests in WTO. Entire 'peace clause' came into being for perpetuity based on that. India can basically keep her subsidies indefinitely along with her other developing countries peer. Infact if anything, they want peace clause to be permanent and to remove any possibility of any country challenging us on our food security programme.

Net result, India on a very solid position where the status quo lets her keep the food security programmes and subsidies that go with it and developed world have to present a much better deal to get agreement from India and rest of the developing world.

This was even more impressive with combined effect of India rejecting US based dictat on recognizing Israel's capital as Jerusalem. It sent a clear message to US that if US cannot keep India's interests in mind, then don't expect India to tow the US line. Trump administration's reaction to these development was rather amusing. This entire mess is essentially Trump administration fighting with the world and within itself. It will go on for few more years and will subside.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bali78
Wrong! WTO is a negotiation and consensus based organization. It oversees that agreements reached are non-discriminatory and binding in nature. That said, it cannot force agreements arbitrarily. India, has successfully kept her interests in WTO. Entire 'peace clause' came into being for perpetuity based on that. India can basically keep her subsidies indefinitely along with her other developing countries peer. Infact if anything, they want peace clause to be permanent and to remove any possibility of any country challenging us on our food security programme.

Net result, India on a very solid position where the status quo lets her keep the food security programmes and subsidies that go with it and developed world have to present a much better deal to get agreement from India and rest of the developing world.

This was even more impressive with combined effect of India rejecting US based dictat on recognizing Israel's capital as Jerusalem. It sent a clear message to US that if US cannot keep India's interests in mind, then don't expect India to tow the US line. Trump administration's reaction to these development was rather amusing. This entire mess is essentially Trump administration fighting with the world and within itself. It will go on for few more years and will subside.

Oh man wto is NOT a negotiation or consensus based organization it’s just an organization where everything is made to look those things. No India has no solid position on anything but admirably puts up a fight several of which it has lose but some beautifully won. Hell Americans forced even the Chinese to accept their shitty pharma patenting system you think India was not under enormous pressure to do it. You guys should start living in the real world for a change. Wto has nothing to do with Jerusalem and we have not achieved anything in breaking protectionism of us agriculture market.

K more ad hominem (typical butthurt congressi style) instead of actual evidence for an assertion.

I'll illustrate the figures later if any other people show interest on the matter.

Till then go pollute some other thread, thanks.
H thinks wto is run by congress

Oh man wto is NOT a negotiation or consensus based organization it’s just an organization where everything is made to look those things. No India has no solid position on anything but admirably puts up a fight several of which it has lose but some beautifully won. Hell Americans forced even the Chinese to accept their shitty pharma patenting system you think India was not under enormous pressure to do it. You guys should start living in the real world for a change. Wto has nothing to do with Jerusalem and we have not achieved anything in breaking protectionism of us agriculture market.
If it were just an organization where everything was made to look like that, Doha Negotiation would have not been stalled for 17 years now. US can put all the pressure, but no one is stupid enough to agree to a loss making agreement. This is even more true in this multi polar world.

I’m sure we won’t
If it were just an organization where everything was made to look like that, Doha Negotiation would have not been stalled for 17 years now. US can put all the pressure, but no one is stupid enough to agree to a loss making agreement. This is even more true in this multi polar world.
who told you us is not putting all the pressure? And who told you people will not agree to loss making agreements? Most of Africa signed up for trips despite knowing it will make aids drugs impossible for 99% of their population and it took 10 years and millions of deaths before they managed a small relaxation on aids generics.

Anyone into Crypto Currency?

I see a large role of Cryptocurrency and change of world order in economics.. The advent of NEO is already slowly showing China determination to control a formidable position and platform.

Would love to see how the idea of decentalisation versus regulated centralisation changes the world economy in coming times..

I see a large role of Cryptocurrency and change of world order in economics.. The advent of NEO is already slowly showing China determination to control a formidable position and platform.

Would love to see how the idea of decentalisation versus regulated centralisation changes the world economy in coming times..

Before anything gets accepted there has to be stability, predictability and control.

Today, central banks control the monetary system. They define the basis of value. With bitcoin, the control is unknown. This makes it dangerous. Crypto-currency could be lead by corporate. But, corporate can be controlled by the governments. Any mechanism which will get accepted as a means of transaction needs to be accepted by the governments. And governments will not accept something which loosens their control over basic economic transactions.

Crypto-currency will probably be an investment avenue. As a major means of currency, the way to go would be the euro and not bitcoin. And anyways, the dollar is still the global reserve currency. And if you think the Feds are going to loosen that control...hah!

• Agree
Reactions: Aashish and Bali78
@Milspec @Shashank @Nilgiri Have taken delivery of BEML around 1537 today. Have gone long on TechM, Sunpharma, Mindtree, IDFC and KarurVysysa. The last 3 on Dec 20th.

Thanks bro, I picked up some cheapo stocks a in dec, JCT, lycos. Have gone long on Bank Of Mah, and Dena Bank, Reliance Nippon.

Have to look at Karurvysya, it was on my radar since Nov.

Thanks bro, I picked up some cheapo stocks a in dec, JCT, lycos. Have gone long on Bank Of Mah, and Dena Bank, Reliance Nippon.

Have to look at Karurvysya, it was on my radar since Nov.

Be careful of all stocks, except Dena. If you are trying for a long shot trade. Buy DCW. And leave it for 2 years.

Be careful of all stocks, except Dena. If you are trying for a long shot trade. Buy DCW. And leave it for 2 years.
Thanks for DCW, looks a bit overpriced at with Price to book at 1.5, Will wait for it get to a median. Quick question, looks like profits are up, why are the promoters selling?

What do you think of Bank of Mah, I am at an average of 23.5 at cost, I wanted to target 12-24 months on both Dena and Bank of Mah.
Lycos is my wild card microcap for a daum settlement hopefully this year.

I do have some astra microwave which stinks as of now, not sure what happens post BDL order.

What sectors for summer look promising as of now?

Thanks for DCW, looks a bit overpriced at with Price to book at 1.5, Will wait for it get to a median. Quick question, looks like profits are up, why are the promoters selling?

What do you think of Bank of Mah, I am at an average of 23.5 at cost, I wanted to target 12-24 months on both Dena and Bank of Mah.

I do have some astra microwave which stinks as of now, not sure what happens post BDL order.

Hey, will reply either tonight or by tomorrow night. Little tied up.

I am, My brother does Bit coin mining.
Crypto currency is the currency of future. But we will be restricted to just 21 million bit coins until we see Quantum computer to take forward more complex calculations. Etherium is doing great nowadays.
Eventually, every country will adopt the Block chain system and come up with their own version of legalized Crypto currency of that country.

Reactions: Aashish
I am, My brother does Bit coin mining.
Crypto currency is the currency of future. But we will be restricted to just 21 million bit coins until we see Quantum computer to take forward more complex calculations. Etherium is doing great nowadays.
Eventually, every country will adopt the Block chain system and come up with their own version of legalized Crypto currency of that country.

All Indian insurance companies are going to migrate to blockchain.. The days of TPA are going to get over.. medical records linked to aadhar to a unique account number and access to hospitals, insurance etc based on rights is teh way forward..

Bit coin by itself is now an old tech. ethereum the 2bnd generation came and its now facing issues as well.. The world of tech will move to 3rd gen stuff soon and by 2022 m, we will see 4th gen crypto currency..

About individual countries.. Venezuela is coming with its petro coin supported by its Oil blocks... Middle East, Saudi, UAE etc are planning their own crypto as well.. An oil backed and independent of OPEC coin is also in plan..

Banks need to move away from old age swift messages and inter + intra border txn which needs time and has high cost/commissions.. and FLC (foreign LC) or a Bill Discounting takes long time and has high ROI... A smart contract, a decentralised way of addressing the root problem of buyer/seller agreement, a blockchain to power a convenient transaction - safe, quicker and at minimal cost - is the way forward.. Trading, Exchanges, Arbitrage to even Credit-based loans - all will see the usage of smart contracts over time..

The usage is limitless... India being a big country with huge population and needs will have use of platform and utility tokens in a big way...

This whole space atm is untouched and de-regulated but you will see State-backed entities entering in a big way with backing and slowly regulation will creep in from the back door. That is fundamentally in essence against the principle of decentralization. But the same cannot be left fully de-regulated owing to criminal/illegal use of such channels

All Indian insurance companies are going to migrate to blockchain.. The days of TPA are going to get over.. medical records linked to aadhar to a unique account number and access to hospitals, insurance etc based on rights is teh way forward..

Bit coin by itself is now an old tech. ethereum the 2bnd generation came and its now facing issues as well.. The world of tech will move to 3rd gen stuff soon and by 2022 m, we will see 4th gen crypto currency..

About individual countries.. Venezuela is coming with its petro coin supported by its Oil blocks... Middle East, Saudi, UAE etc are planning their own crypto as well.. An oil backed and independent of OPEC coin is also in plan..

Banks need to move away from old age swift messages and inter + intra border txn which needs time and has high cost/commissions.. and FLC (foreign LC) or a Bill Discounting takes long time and has high ROI... A smart contract, a decentralised way of addressing the root problem of buyer/seller agreement, a blockchain to power a convenient transaction - safe, quicker and at minimal cost - is the way forward.. Trading, Exchanges, Arbitrage to even Credit-based loans - all will see the usage of smart contracts over time..

The usage is limitless... India being a big country with huge population and needs will have use of platform and utility tokens in a big way...

This whole space atm is untouched and de-regulated but you will see State-backed entities entering in a big way with backing and slowly regulation will creep in from the back door. That is fundamentally in essence against the principle of decentralization. But the same cannot be left fully de-regulated owing to criminal/illegal use of such channels
Block chain system will change the future of many fields.
India should try to make its own crypto currency instead of brushing it aside as not legal tender, those who start now will have the 'First movers Advantage'.
Our Finance Ministers and Babus who formulate Economic policies are not tech savvy i guess, still stuck in the same old format.
India could reap a lot of rewards it if legalizes a Indo-Rupee, we could become a major cryptocurrency and it will attract a lot of investors,users since it is a country with 1.3 Billion people and 3rd largest Economy as per PPP.
Govt may launch India's own cryptocurrency 'Lakshmi': reports

If our Government doesn't launch a cryptocurrency, a private entity could start a crypto currency for our country, which could later be sold as platform for GOI to use in future.

The only problem is the criminal/illegal use of such currency.

Reactions: Aashish

DCW - Don't ask, don't tell.
Bank of Maharastra - Get out at cost.
Lycos - Looks like your prayers were answered. Now its at 8.4. I generally do not touch penny stocks. And this is literally penny.
Astra - I no longer hold this. Damn thing never seems to move. So liquidated it and moved it to Punj Lloyd at 19-20. And rest to Premier Explosives.
Dena - Keep a strict stop loss of 23.5

Concentrate on TechM, Mindtree and Sunpharma. DCW, NDTV, NatcoPharma and Network18 for doing timepass in the short term.

Last edited:
HAL IPO is now open. Bharat Dynamics closed yesterday. Anybody interested in investing in HAL, can do so through their bank accounts ABSA option or through their own brokers.

National Payments Corporation of India mulls using blockchain to boost digital transactions
Payments network NPCI is considering using highly scalable blockchain solution to further strengthen digital payments, which have seen an exponential growth in recent times.

A blockchain or distributed ledger is a continuously growing list of encrypted transactions called blocks. A block may contain any type of data such as unique digital identifiers of physical products

The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is an umbrella organisation for all retail payments in India. It was set up with the guidance and support of the Reserve Bank of India and the Indian Banks Association (IBA).
Promoted by 10 banks in India under the aegis of the IBA, it aims to become the "best payments network globally". Presently, 56 banks are shareholders of NPCI.

"NPCI intends to develop a resilient, real time and highly scalable blockchain solution. It is proposed to develop this solution using an open source technology/ framework/solution," it said in a notification.

In this regard, the NPCI has floated an Express of Interest (EOI) in order to enable bidders to propose their capability for developing distributed ledger technology/ blockchain in the payment domain.

As per a recent report of global consultancy firm PwC, India would be one of the world's blockchain leaders by 2023.

"Blockchain stores information about transactions between users in a way that can be tracked by any user for forever for maximum transparency. This gives visibility which can lead to greater efficiency by automating or confirming transactions and increasing liquidity in the supply chain," said Innefu Labs Co-Founder Tarun Wig.

NPCI has invited bids for selection of Liaisoning Consultant (LC) to acquire various End-to-End Statutory permissions for Construction of Captive Data Center (CDC) in Chennai and Hyderabad.

NPCI provides services like cheque clearance and facilitates digital payments.

It has developed Unified Payments Interface (UPI), an instant payment system.

UPI is fast gaining traction in the country with total payments through it soaring to Rs 1.33 lakh crore in March 2019 from a meagre Rs 3.1 crore in August 2016.
National Payments Corporation of India mulls using blockchain to boost digital transactions

Indian government looks to ban cryptocurrencies; starts consultations on bill
Indian government is looking to ban cryptocurrencies in its entirety and a committee under it has already begun the consultations on a bill called "Banning of Cryptocurrencies and Regulation of Official Digital Currencies Bill 2019". Indian lawmakers have taken a hostile approach towards crytocurrencies and have suggested "an urgent need of a ban" on the digital currency.

Earlier in the year, Supreme Court had given a deadline of four weeks to the government to come up with regulations for cryptocurrencies. At the moment, the draft bill is being circulated to the appropriate government officials, said the Economic Times.

The bill was drafted by a committee under the government and consisted of various ministries under the Finance Secretary, Subhash Chandra Garg. The committee included the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and the Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA), among others.

The Economic Times said that the government could ban cryptocurrencies under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA). Earlier there were reports that government is looking to bring in regulation policies regarding digital currencies and were in the process of setting up a committee.

"The ministry of corporate affairs has in its feedback to the department of economic affairs pointed out the sale purchase and issuance of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Etherium & Cashcoin etc. are being done by individuals and companies on false inducements of massive returns. Such schemes are neither transparent, nor do they fall within any regulated legal framework. Many of them are run as ponzi schemes, it said adding that these schemes were being used to defraud gullible investors", The Economic Times reported.

Earlier, RBI had said that entities regulated by it cannot provide services to any individual or businesses dealing with or settling virtual currencies.

"We have decided to ring-fence the RBI regulated entities from the risk of dealing with entities associated with virtual currencies. They are required to stop having a business relationship with the entities dealing with virtual currencies forthwith and unwind the existing relationship within a period of three months," BP Kanungo, Deputy Governor, RBI had said.
Indian government looks to ban cryptocurrencies; starts consultations on bill