Why do Pakistani defence experts not frequent Indian defence forums ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here to provide every nationality an opportunity to express his or her views with in the rules of the forum..... The debate starts when there is a difference of view points... And that is the basic structure of any online forums......

Reactions: Aashish
Guys this is a genuine question and not a members forum thread. By answering this question you will come to understand a lot about human thinking and beliefs.
I don't want this a bash-bash thread or inter-forum issue.

Other obvious reasons of Indian forums not tolerating their view-points , not accepting membership , relatively newer and such are excuses at best.

What does this show about the future narrative of south-aria ? The more the two of us wall ourselves the lesser tolerant , progressive we become.

Please keep this thread clean of naming forums , sites and members.
because most of those forums are racist, filled with trolls and the discussions are more oriented towards hate rather than defense. Hence why, not only Pakistanis but people from other nationalities are absent. I'm hoping this forum will be different.

Let allow me be very crude here.

Lately Indians have acquired a sense of superiority over Pakistan (among other neighbors), driven based on some economic numbers, relatively better growth and moreover comparatively quieter days in term of bomb blasts. The religious extremism went on tangential hike in Pakistan and we suddenly start feeling more civilized and at a higher moral ground viz a viz Pakistan. We being we, how can we not redeem this opportunity to boast and be a morality lecturer? Though half of our bane and boons are because we are 1.3 billion, even a bunch of beggars could be rich together or vice versa. What to be proud about?

As @Avi said in his OP, Indians feel more secured but it doesn't explained why secured and well doing Indians need to visit pak based forums? Or is it that those secured Indians want to go there and overcome decades or centuries of insecurity? Again, we always have exceptions.

Why dont Pakistanis frequent Indian forums? Yes, they lack content and yes they are insecure today because of prevailing conditions in their country. Why should they come to Indian forum to help secured Indians overcome their deep insecurities and heard back how bad they are doing?

When I invited @Superkaif and @Azlan Haider , these two pakistani gentleman hardly took 15 mins to respond to my request and obliged us with their presence on this forum. Do we want to make them victim of mob-hood we see on different Indian forums? Are these folks deserve the ire of over nationalist and pseudo patriots flocking together on many forums we see today as @bonobashi feared of?

More pertinent question to be asked is - Why we can not keep the posters keep visiting us and share there thoughts and not why they don't join. They will, but are we ready?

@nair @Aashish @VCheng

I urge you to prevail on the administration not to make the mistake that was made with respect to us, elsewhere, and to display visible guardianship of other nationalities by giving them their own moderator.

Sir, be assured, we are not opposed to any idea in fact we had the privilege of appointing a pakistani mod first time ever on Indian forum in one of our earlier forum (@Avi was admin there). Once this forum start needing some real moderator-ship, the idea of having nationality based moderators will surely be pondered upon by forum admins, depending upon the availability of suitable candidate and off course need.

May I officially salute you? Would you, @Pokemon permitting, be my best friend forever?

You can always tag this worthless chucklehead with his original name Arvind , PoKemon is sent to play somewhere down the hill.

Let allow me be very crude here.

Lately Indians have acquired a sense of superiority over Pakistan (among other neighbors), driven based on some economic numbers, relatively better growth and moreover comparatively quieter days in term of bomb blasts. The religious extremism went on tangential hike in Pakistan and we suddenly start feeling more civilized and at a higher moral ground viz a viz Pakistan. We being we, how can we not redeem this opportunity to boast and be a morality lecturer? Though half of our bane and boons are because we are 1.3 billion, even a bunch of beggars could be rich together or vice versa. What to be proud about?

As @Avi said in his OP, Indians feel more secured but it doesn't explained why secured and well doing Indians need to visit pak based forums? Or is it that those secured Indians want to go there and overcome decades or centuries of insecurity? Again, we always have exceptions.

Why dont Pakistanis frequent Indian forums? Yes, they lack content and yes they are insecure today because of prevailing conditions in their country. Why should they come to Indian forum to help secured Indians overcome their deep insecurities and heard back how bad they are doing?

When I invited @Superkaif and @Azlan Haider , these two pakistani gentleman hardly took 15 mins to respond to my request and obliged us with their presence on this forum. Do we want to make them victim of mob-hood we see on different Indian forums? Are these folks deserve the ire of over nationalist and pseudo patriots flocking together on many forums we see today as @bonobashi feared of?

More pertinent question to be asked is - Why we can not keep the posters keep visiting us and share there thoughts and not why they don't join. They will, but are we ready?

@nair @Aashish @VCheng

Brilliantly said! I am pleased to be here, although my loyalty really is with world defense. Thank you, @Arvind, for cleaning the bad aftertaste that some others had left in my mouth, and leaving me optimistic about the prospects of some understanding between us and our neighbours; not one set of neighbours, but all.

@Aashish, @nair, you two really have put together a great team. Salut! My compliments to the absent one too.

I'd like to pose a question to the Team Stratfront , the Administrators & the Moderators here now that the original question has been posed @OP.

What's the composition of the present members here ? I meant in terms of religion , linguistics , ethnicity , income levels , political beliefs , education , etc .

I certainly don't mean for you to conduct a survey but based on the sample size ( and it's a small community we have here with not more than 20-25 regular posters ) we have it can safely be deduced that members of the Hindu faith form an overwhelming majority , are of varied linguistic & ethnic backgrounds i.e from across the geographical spread of our country , belong to the middle to upper middle class in terms of income levels , of sound academic background ( most appear to be professionals , though I wonder how many have a education or working background in the humanities , social sciences and literature ) , most of whom are right or right of centre if not far right and a certain gentleman so far right that far far right can't spot him for thousands of Kms , yes you got it right , to their right .

What about the religious minorities from our land ? What about the most prominent minority from our land ? What about the NE ( except @Aashish but then he's spent most of his life in mainland India ) ? What about Kashmir ? Its not for nothing that the region we inhabit is known as the sub continent of which India with its many tongues , ethnicities and religions is the prime player .

We don't seem to have any representation from the above mentioned groups . I'd ask isn't it imperative we hear their side of the story too . I'd prefer we have much more comprehensive Indian participation than exists at the moment before we venture to seek members of our neighbouring countries.

Let me venture to also state that the moderators / administrators here or any such fora are like editors for want of a better term who apart from moderating content also influence the tone of the discussion besides setting an agenda . This flows from the beliefs - both political and religious , education and world view of the said moderator / administrator. Under no circumstances should you permit outside moderation unless you have determined and consolidated your hold over the content of this forum at all times .

Its not for nothing that PDF is suspected to be a propaganda tool for the ISI . You views on this are well known @Aashish .

Interesting, in fact I am having a re-look into the possible reasons why Indian muslims are absent not only on this platform but almost all I am aware of.

We have to accept that there exists a different narrative, especially in four quarters : Kashmir, NE, Minority and Lower Castes. The acceptance of that narrative or at least a will to hear them out is necessary to encourage people from those sections to stand and speak up.

Interesting, in fact I am having a re-look into the possible reasons why Indian muslims are absent not only on this platform but almost all I am aware of.

We have to accept that there exists a different narrative, especially in four quarters : Kashmir, NE, Minority and Lower Castes. The acceptance of that narrative or at least a will to hear them out is necessary to encourage people from those sections to stand and speak up.

SOUTHie and jamahir ought to be here.

Luckily, I have thick skin and can afford to pay the price for speaking up for the truth, no matter what. :D

You, sir, are a patriot who deserves every bit of possible respect. In spite of all challenges, your love for the country and people, desire to make changes from within and still face them against their cold-hearted vibes.

I can only add that your efforts to make a difference and bring a change to the society as a whole is commendable. I hope you continue to lend your voice to this cause until the very end.

I hope freedom of speech and scope for moderates remain in every society.

You mean Jamahir reincarnation right?

The original one left for his heavenly abode almost 7 years back if I recall correctly.

I wasn't even aware that there were two, and that one died. Of course, I meant the one I read nowadays; surely he is not a false-flagger?

Just like that IN Sikh Officer of 3 SIKH? :D

I am sure of that ........... I got banned for that guy, he has been recycled and is lying dormant there, waiting foe people like us to move out, the long termers are a threat.

Jamahir was suffering from a long bout of illness which, if I recall, took him along with his advanced age, of course.

I may be wrong :)

That fellow was a creep. I was enraged at your banning; some of the messages we (my favourite Mods and I) exchanged were incendiary. Alas, they were shaken but unmoved.

You, sir, are a patriot who deserves every bit of possible respect. In spite of all challenges, your love for the country and people, desire to make changes from within and still face them against their cold-hearted vibes.

I can only add that your efforts to make a difference and bring a change to the society as a whole is commendable. I hope you continue to lend your voice to this cause until the very end.

I hope freedom of speech and scope for moderates remain in every society.

Thank you for the kind words. In the context of the present forum, I wish everyone to know on your side of the border that insanity has not taken a complete hold on this side, despite discouraging indications. There is hope yet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.