Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

It is a face saver for PLA without degrading our own capabilities.
Do you actually think the PLA would consent to terms like their withdrawal upto 30 kms & the IA withdrawal upto 15 kms only regardless of the advantages of advance infrastructure they enjoy there? I've seen barely a few of the hundreds of tweets this handle has generated come true. One of the reasons if MSM reported news is taken with a pinch of salt, OSINT handles ought to be taken with a fistful of salt.

It is a face saver for PLA without degrading our own capabilities.

Considering there is an element of truth to that tweet, why are we allowing face savers to PLA?

I have some serious doubt about the authenticity of this tweet. Looks like a stupid thing to do on our part.

'Breakthrough' in sight in India-China military stand-off on LAC , India moving ahead cautiously

Read @ANI Story |

Looks like a deadlock to me. Only thing certain is there will be more talks. China won't go back.
The onus is on us to push them back. The more time we allow them to sit there, the worse it will get for us.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Yashpatel604
We have height advantage over them when it comes to location of our radars. We will pick them up much before they pick up our aircraft. We have shorter distance to travel to the battle area compared to PLAAF. That gives us an advantage of reaction time and ability to be in position to ambush them when they come over to the battle area. Whichever way you look at it, PLAAF has no advantage over IAF.
Now take another case, we know when they can mount their strikes and we take them on with our CAPs. What will happen then? Our aircraft being closer to their operating bases can hold CAP for a longer duration while PLAAF will be constrained due to distance from the operating bases. We can call up more fighters at a much shorter time to change the ratios. Can PLAAF do it?
Please recollect 27th feb 2019. PAF had the same advantage against India which we have against PLAAF. They took off from bases closer to our border and were able to create a barrier CAP with over 12 aircraft and stay in air for about one hour in station. Our SU-30MKI were at the end of their patrol time and same was the case with our M2Ks. PAF planned it well and their execution was pathetic. They did not factor in point defence fighters like Mig-21 spoiling their party. How far is Aksai Chin from Srinagar and Awantipur or Ambala and Adampur? Just the way we spoiled the party of PAF on 27th Feb 2019, we can do it with much better effect against PLAAF as PLAAF does not enjoy that advantage in terms of closeness of airfields to Aksai Chin.
"Mathe par pasina tha aur pair kaamp rahey they". Yeh kyon hua? Because our Brahmos were covering every airfield of PAF. Forward offensive deployment which PAF and PA have has its advantages and also disadvantages. Forward offensive deployment is a deterrent and a disaster in case of an all out war when the enemy also adopts offensive defence as its policy. Which India did under Doval. We have moved on from the static defence and holding pivot corps to CSD. Please try and remember my posts on another forum in which I had listed the delimma PA & PAF have in countering our IBGs. For your information, part of Mountain strike corps is deployed in Aksai Chin with its HQ also moved including the Mountain strike Corps Commander stationed in that area.

Those advantages seem to work both ways actually.

When it comes to radars, they are also on lower altitudes once you go east of the Karakoram. So all our jets will also come in from higher altitude. And they have more AWACS than we do. Plus their fighter jets have AESA radars, which will easily match if not gain superiority over what we already have.

As for proximity, that's the idea behind the distributed air bases. We are talking about a dozen or more bases from merely 100Km to the LAC to 200Km. You can imagine what the situation will be like if the Chinese build 4-6 airstrips at 100Km from LAC all located within Aksai Hind, each holding 8 J-10Cs in underground hangars with enough consumables stored to last a week.

With multiple regiments of S-300 looking up and as many as 2 regiments of J-10C at the beck and call of the local commander, there really is no advantage to the IAF.

• Informative
Reactions: JustCurious
Not what I meant. I meant they will use their plateau bases for QRA, CAP and air denial missions. Whereas they will use Hotan and Keriya for strike missions inside India, including our air bases. Furthermore, those CAP jets operating from the plateau can even provide fighter sweeps and top cover for the strike aircraft, so the strike package can meet up with the air superiority package closer to the border to create surprise.

They are not going to make it simple in Ladakh since Hotan and Keriya are no different from Srinagar and Awantipore.

Honestly, in the Ladakh sector, I don't think the IAF has any real terrain and infrastructure advantage over PLAAF. Both of our strike packages have to come in from distant air bases as well. And our Leh, Thoise bases, and any other ALGs we have built since, will serve the same purpose as the distributed air bases that PLAAF may go for.
You are inadvertently feeding ideas to PLAAF mandarins.

You are inadvertently feeding ideas to PLAAF mandarins.

The stuff I've pointed out is called FOB, FAB, ALG etc in military parlance. They go back to WW1 and were used a lot during WW2.

We have 7 such "known" ALGs activated in Arunachal Pradesh. And we have 3 activated in J&K/Ladakh. And more are being built.

The Chinese have already set up many such bases as well. Many existing airstrips have been turned into bases, and new airstrips are being built. The Chinese are not foolish enough to play with us with inadequate infrastructure.

Someone called it "mutually assured construction". Within the next 2 years, both India and China are expected to have more or less the same amount of infrastructure on both sides. We will match them in border roads and they will match us in airfields by the end of 2022.

• Informative
Reactions: JustCurious
Is this practically possible or some kind of churan being fed to locals?
IMG_20201112_225051.jpg
IMG_20201112_225103.jpg

A powerful leadership would have demanded immediate Chinese withdrawal from Depsang and Gogra Hotspring regions, and in north of Pangong tso upto Khurnak fort with the are b/w F8 and Khurnak acting as buffer zone and no Indian withdrawal in South of Pangong tso.
We have caught Chinese by balls and I don't see any reason for an early solution on Chinese terms, we don't have to give them a face saver.