Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

IA is just adding up numbers and shifting weight awkwardly from one foot to the other while it awaits orders from Delhi.

Chinese are done for this round. They will wait for the eventual stand down. Then sneak in some other place and take some more land. Our nationalist government will be hoping the temple distracts enough people.
The entire incidence was done and dusted when we heard "Na koi ...." speech. The bigger issue is that now a precedent has been set.

I can think of some choice words for the government. Not the army's job to negotiate again and again. Government should ask the army to either give a time scale to initiate action or accept this as another fait a accompli wrt china and shut up.
A bully understands only force, no need to indulge his ego by repeated talks.
If the analysis is that India cannot defend its territory against the Chinese, join a coalition with the Americans. The whole world is in coalitions, nato, Australians, China Pakistan, no harm in becoming part of one.
The Chinese literally sh.t their pants when the Americans enter the picture.

So is IA going for full Aksai hind or have they given it up completely?
If you hear the chatter, its loud and clear.

These meetings are just delaying tactics by both sides. Both sides know very well a war is coming.
Yes and it is a final handshake before we start shooting.

Last edited:

Here is the actual statement :

“reaching an equilibrium with China is not going to be easy and India must stand its ground"

As always, twitter twisting the words.

What is not clear is wether GOI only wants to defend LAC or go all the way to free Aksai Hind. Although 2nd option looks quite improbable but not sure whats on Modis mind.

Taking out PoK and scuttling CPEC will be a massive loss to both chini and pak.

Reactions: jetray
Taking out PoK and scuttling CPEC will be a massive loss to both chini and pak.

I wouldnt be surprised if we go for POK. But I wonder what GOI plans for eastern front. Does it want to stay in defensive mode or go for Aksai Hind.

I wouldnt be surprised if we go for POK. But I wonder what GOI plans for eastern front. Does it want to stay in defensive mode or go for Aksai Hind.

If the quad makes a move on Diaoyu Islsnds and Taiwan declares indipendence then we might actually make a full on push on Aksai Hind.

Let me tell you what I think will happen. We will have to fight China and the battle will be confined to Laddakh. Chinese will not open a front elsewhere on LAC as they do not have forces available. The Central LAC is nearly 17k feet ground. Our Garwaalis and Kumaunis have been living there for ages. The likely involvment of US forces will keep PLA under check and not use Nuke options even if we go for whole of Tibet. I had written earlier that I expect complete capitulation of PLA within 48-72 hours under our fierce attack. While we will be able to bring in reinforcements at will, PLA will not have that option once IAF goes into action with our SFs.
India will never allow any foreign forces to fight its battles. It will be India-China battle alone. We do not need USA to tackle China in conventional battle.
What about the Chinese Missile forces? by all counts they are vastly superior in numbers to our inventory and our AAD will easily be overwhelmed should the Chinese decide to launch a salvo over north India. In case of an all out war, that would be the logical thing for CHina to do to put India on the backfoot.

If missiles rain on new delhi, expect the war to end pretty quick unless India takes the nuke option then.

Where has he said that?
What about the Chinese Missile forces? by all counts they are vastly superior in numbers to our inventory and our AAD will easily be overwhelmed should the Chinese decide to launch a salvo over north India. In case of an all out war, that would be the logical thing for CHina to do to put India on the backfoot.

If missiles rain on new delhi, expect the war to end pretty quick unless India takes the nuke option then.

There will be no targeting of cities. That is the surest way to invite trouble. It shall remain localized.

Reactions: Bali78
Lets be real. Incase of conflict, India's first aim will be to blunt china's perceived superiority in weaponry. If the air fight is in our favor or equal , only then should we ingress and occupy defensible areas. These areas would have good protection from our airforce and relatively easy for logistical matters.
The Chinese have a big ego and will try to avenge any reverse. Wont just be a 14 day defeat of the salwars. IA has to conserve its strength for a protracted conflict.
The korean war had chinese intervention in oct 1950 against the American led coalition and pushed the Americans back to south Korea from the 38th parallel. The war went on till july 1953. Chinese lost 200000 to 400000 men in the fighting. And this was China of the 50s against the victorious Americans.
These veterans led the Chinese against us in 62.
When your soldiers are just expendable mules like the Chinese, targets get easier to achieve , as no domestic pressure to conserve lives.
India should be mentally prepared to lose a lot of men incase of conflict.
If the conflict is short , its our good luck , else build up men and equipment.

What is not clear is wether GOI only wants to defend LAC or go all the way to free Aksai Hind. Although 2nd option looks quite improbable but not sure whats on Modis mind.

The option not here. No more ingress and putting up a brave face. :)

A new status quo has been set. Accept and move on.

GB is will be fought and won every few days. But not taken either. Basically, badi badi baatein band... kaam shuru.

Reactions: Sulla84
There will be no targeting of cities. That is the surest way to invite trouble. It shall remain localized.

Well in case of an all out war with India, trouble would already have come knocking for both countries. So what would prevent China from launching a salvo on new delhi, if say, IA makes a push towards Tibet or looks to reclaim Askai Hind? What incentive would China have to desist? a significant loss of territory will sound the death knell for CCP, so would then they not be pushed to enhance the conflict. IMHO it will be suicidal for us to belienve that the conflict will remain localised, if a shooting match does start with China.

Reactions: Hellfire