George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US

And that when there is just a small Muslim Population
They frankly dont have challenges that other countries face. Once a minority group becomes big enuf to challenge the status quo then the fun begins. Thats the reason why most of the whites are already going overboard to halt immigration. Forget about muslims even spanish language is seen as a big threat. Every time they see a mexican flag in rallies they go ballistic, rightly so. Irony is that some guy having german ancestry berating others to speak in english.

Indians think they are neutral like swiss, but the reality is we are too greedy & selfish. I dont think they can maintain their so called strategic selfish silence for too long.
Greedy & selfish? If self preservation & earning your wealth by hard work & industry without being overtly political is being greedy & selfish, I wonder what the American Dream is all about. The Indians erred by being too fragmented & politically aloof. Cardinal sins when you're a successful business oriented minority community.

Reactions: Sulla84
did you miss the word stereotyping? He has a beard so he must be a terrorist. There might be problem with some section of the blacks but to generalize that is not right. Generally when violence takes place it is more or less happens to select few places where where blacks are concentrated or say like slums. But here that is not the case, it is across the country. To top that this is not the first time it is happening.

You want to just cherry pick only those points that makes one section saints and others sinners. This is a classic western technique which has been followed for ages, they are savages we are civilizing them. Of course we will not disclose that conditions that led to it is our own actions.

For argument sake let me agree with your rubbish broken self satisfying argument. I posted that very image to show how discriminating US policing is , why dint police take no action against white supremacists who tote their guns in assembly but go onto use disproportionate amount of force against unarmed individuals. As I said this is not one incident it is just pent up fury against the system.

Its just not few impoverished blacks who are out against it , even the well paid NFL players did the same thing long time back. Obviously they were roundly criticized and thrashed by white extremists as show off. Things have now come full circle. Of course nothing is going to change, there will be few speeches and then after another 5 years it crop up again.

Okay, so black people do not care about education and abandon their families because white people are racist. Yeah. I get what you're saying. You don't want to address the problem, you just want to blame someone else for the problem.

Of course, nothing will change. As I said, it does not address the problem. The problem is the blacks themselves. Racist whites don't do anything to Indians and other Asians.

As for this situation in particular, let's not forget that George Floyd was a violent criminal with a history of committing crimes, and even recevied a 5 year jail term, and was conducting criminal activities just before the time of his death. During his arrest, he was doing his best making excuses not to get arrested. Let's also not forget that two of the officers involved are actually racist with a history to prove it, while the other two were unfortunate enough to be working alongside these two racists. It's likely that the two racist officers may have somehow provoked Floyd, but that's just speculation.

So was Floyd in the wrong based on his activities? Yes.
Were the officers in the right for taking him in? Yes.
Were the officers right in killing him? No.
Are the officers being prosecuted? Yes.
Is it right to protest his killing? Yes.
Is it right to protest violently? No.
Is it right to loot in the name of protests? No.

I'm not asking you to pick sides or change sides or anything of the sort. Peaceful protests are all good.

But my earlier post was not referring to this situation specifically. I was referring to the problem in general. Nothing's gonna change unless the blacks decide to get educated and join the mainstream. The very reason why Indians and other Asians have less to complain about racism than blacks, it's because these groups are part of the mainstream.

903px-Higher_education_in_the_US_by_race.svg.png

It's downright ridiculous when you think about these figures, that blacks from foreign shores, most of them likely from much poorer geographies like Africa, have higher education attainments than the blacks who are native to the US.

If the blacks want to get treated better, they need to overtake the whites in this segment. They can't change anything with protests, they need to get an education.

This pretty much sums up what the blacks are like.

The USA needs more Carltons. But it's packed with that other guy instead.

You are right. I would add that White Americans framed policies and culture in such a way to benefit themselves and it has nothing to do with them being racist but everything to do with White's trying to preserve there lifestyle, culture and race which they feel is threatened and one should not blame them for that....every community bound by ethnicity, race, religion does that including blacks in Africa , Han Chinese in China, Japanese in Japan , upper cast hindus in India, Punjabi Muslim in Pakistan and so on. That's why nation States exist.
for all the s*** white westerners receive they are quite open minded compared to all other races. I think recent surge in we wuz Aryan and S**t! in west and rise of right wing across the globe is a factor of many things from people suffering from mid Life crisis, fake feminism, rise in degeneracy , non stop immigration threatening one self of belonging or identity , rising inequality within countries despite surge in global trade. , unfulfillment of desires. sense of entitlement which was threatened due to globalization and open competition to name a few. Politician and there rich corporate billionaire backers played with fire and now when hands are burned they are clueless what to do.

The blacks need to change their entire way of living. At the very least, they need to give up the life of crime.

US has huge Faultlines
Racial , Economic and Political

The Democrats and Republicans will definitely kill each other , one fine day

And that when there is just a small Muslim Population
Both democrats and Republicans are different sides of the same coin they just pretend to be different. That's what politicians do.
Racist whites don't do anything to Indians and other Asians.
They do but not on such a large scale but they will one day.
If the blacks want to get treated better, they need to overtake the whites in this segment. They can't change anything with protests, they need to get an education.
easier said than done when you have been systematically pushed aside by the corrupt system just like the native Americans. You are delusional if you think education will change anything. The day America turn majority black no matter how much educated they become... I assure you no one migrating there. You will instead see an exodus of remaining White's and other minorities from US.
nation and civilization States does not work by simply educating people, because if it really does there won't be any nation States in first place.

Reactions: Sulla84 and jetray
Greedy & selfish? If self preservation & earning your wealth by hard work & industry without being overtly political is being greedy & selfish, I wonder what the American Dream is all about. The Indians erred by being too fragmented & politically aloof. Cardinal sins when you're a successful business oriented minority community.
Hard work , only Indians do it, every one else is lazing around. Hey then their performance is better. Just think of it from time invested and money earned. If I invest 24 hrs and make $100 while other guy does it in 10 hrs its called poor productivity.

fragmented yes. but why ? bcos they cannot collaborate or be co-operative with each other. Simply put they are too selfish to share power as a group.
political aloof, yeah we are too fragmented to make a difference that no one cares to give a r*** s*** about us. To say Indians have no political ambition is nonsense its only they dont have the power/any thing contribute to wider section of the society. They just suck up to their own community or inner groups and outside that they are nothing. Lets have a diwali cracker festival or a holi splash, any thing beyond that?

Successful business oriented minority. Depends on your definition of success. Does opening a corner shop or manning a motel that natives dont want make you successful, well yes you are. Have Indians started companies that rivaled google or challenged microsoft well then you are failure.

Your definition of success is like Isro boasting about their economical space program. Yes they indeed are successful but at the bottom of the stack.

There might be lot Indians who might be CEO's or managers /Engineers ...etc but why have they not started their own companies if they are so good & successful? Just ask the british they will tell how good Indians are in following & executing orders.

Hard fact is that we are totally selfish, if there is injustice we dont call that out nor we do we take principled stand on any issues. We just hide under wonderful english words (thank the british masters) like apolitical , hard work, industrious as if we are the only working and rest of them doing nothing.

All that they are is just a burden on the society. Society never benefits from them, it simply rots. Simple question most of the ppl in US ask is if they are so good why dont they build their own country. Of course our so called hardworking & successful Indians have no answer for that.

Okay, so black people do not care about education and abandon their families because white people are racist. Yeah. I get what you're saying. You don't want to address the problem, you just want to blame someone else for the problem.

Of course, nothing will change. As I said, it does not address the problem. The problem is the blacks themselves. Racist whites don't do anything to Indians and other Asians.

As for this situation in particular, let's not forget that George Floyd was a violent criminal with a history of committing crimes, and even recevied a 5 year jail term, and was conducting criminal activities just before the time of his death. During his arrest, he was doing his best making excuses not to get arrested. Let's also not forget that two of the officers involved are actually racist with a history to prove it, while the other two were unfortunate enough to be working alongside these two racists. It's likely that the two racist officers may have somehow provoked Floyd, but that's just speculation.

So was Floyd in the wrong based on his activities? Yes.
Were the officers in the right for taking him in? Yes.
Were the officers right in killing him? No.
Are the officers being prosecuted? Yes.
Is it right to protest his killing? Yes.
Is it right to protest violently? No.
Is it right to loot in the name of protests? No.

I'm not asking you to pick sides or change sides or anything of the sort. Peaceful protests are all good.

But my earlier post was not referring to this situation specifically. I was referring to the problem in general. Nothing's gonna change unless the blacks decide to get educated and join the mainstream. The very reason why Indians and other Asians have less to complain about racism than blacks, it's because these groups are part of the mainstream.

903px-Higher_education_in_the_US_by_race.svg.png

It's downright ridiculous when you think about these figures, that blacks from foreign shores, most of them likely from much poorer geographies like Africa, have higher education attainments than the blacks who are native to the US.

This pretty much sums up what the blacks are like.

The USA needs more Carltons. But it's packed with that other guy instead.
You are not looking at the issue from holistic point of view and just hung about only blacks having cultural problem. Its like british saying Indians are not fit to rule themselves and we should continue.

Answer to your question lies in your own comment
"It's downright ridiculous when you think about these figures, that blacks from foreign shores, most of them likely from much poorer geographies like Africa, have higher education attainments than the blacks who are native to the US.

"
It is easier to get a good education in their own country than in US. So these foreign educated ppl already have a leg up when they come US. If they came uneducated to the US they will meet the same fate. Take for example hispanics who are also given the same treatment and called as drug dealers and work as manual labor.

These ppl are suffering from poverty from generations together as they have been discriminated & denied opportunities to move up the ladder through education. The discrimination & bias starts from the grass root level itself. Obviously they look towards sports as escape or even worse crime. In fact universities in US are already considering affirmative action aka quota.

Fundamental truth is that every group/community will only prefer to have their own ppl. Only time they break this bias is when it is not economically viable or gain some thing significantly higher.

"Racist whites don't do anything to Indians and other Asians."
If there are no blacks then next will be asians. Its just that blacks have more visibility than others. If you think you will be treated any better by an institutionalized system, good luck with that. Its only you dont run into them quite often.
Its only immigrant asians who have made it better, ppl who have been here before(ppl who built american railway) have stagnated running restaurants or saloons. They are just stereotyped in a different manner.

Yeah, Obama was an educated person who became president and that did nothing but bring current incumbent as backlash. Your statements simply lack the understanding how the practical world works. Its not a linear line where you go to school, get a degree and then you have a job... viola every thing is perfect. Its a problem thats needs to be solved across the generations. I agree with the fact that the blacks have done themselves no favor. Instead of tackling the issue they have simply taken the easier route but that does not absolve the institution of discrimination & bias.

I will give a simple example how discrimination affects ppl, take a look at the housing sector. Even in India we only prefer ppl from our own or certain communities to rent a house. Alternative is obviously spend more money to get a residence and if you are poor you are doomed.

Whites hate blacks , no doubt about it

Not just because of violent Crime but because all that they do is complain , Do drugs and live on welfare

This can be seen from Comments on Internet

Thats the problem, whites like you deliberately downplay it and just brush it aside as a law & order problem. There is serious amount of discrimination & abuse in US against colored ppl. Weeks back a black guy was shot & killed by a white guy who passed by his house while jogging.
The current incident just happened to be the breaking point. Its not just killing but discrimination , abuse, lack of opportunities , stereotyping , poverty....etc every thing combined has made it a potential mixture. (republican party was even gerrymandering to ensure non-whites become minority and in some areas removed/moved voting booths altogether to make voting difficult........welcome to white democracy)

On the other side recently armed "WHITE" men stormed the local legislative assembly with guns but guess what nothing happened.........................................bcos they happened to be white.

View attachment 16314
Let me assure you, some police are just arseholes, and the ethnicity of the person they're dealing with has no bearing whatsoever.

You are not looking at the issue from holistic point of view and just hung about only blacks having cultural problem. Its like british saying Indians are not fit to rule themselves and we should continue.

What I'm saying is the exact opposite. I'm saying the blacks need to fix their own problem, just like Indians can rule themselves.

Answer to your question lies in your own comment
"It's downright ridiculous when you think about these figures, that blacks from foreign shores, most of them likely from much poorer geographies like Africa, have higher education attainments than the blacks who are native to the US.

"
It is easier to get a good education in their own country than in US. So these foreign educated ppl already have a leg up when they come US. If they came uneducated to the US they will meet the same fate. Take for example hispanics who are also given the same treatment and called as drug dealers and work as manual labor.

These ppl are suffering from poverty from generations together as they have been discriminated & denied opportunities to move up the ladder through education. The discrimination & bias starts from the grass root level itself. Obviously they look towards sports as escape or even worse crime. In fact universities in US are already considering affirmative action aka quota.

Fundamental truth is that every group/community will only prefer to have their own ppl. Only time they break this bias is when it is not economically viable or gain some thing significantly higher.

"Racist whites don't do anything to Indians and other Asians."
If there are no blacks then next will be asians. Its just that blacks have more visibility than others. If you think you will be treated any better by an institutionalized system, good luck with that. Its only you dont run into them quite often.
Its only immigrant asians who have made it better, ppl who have been here before(ppl who built american railway) have stagnated running restaurants or saloons. They are just stereotyped in a different manner.

Yeah, Obama was an educated person who became president and that did nothing but bring current incumbent as backlash. Your statements simply lack the understanding how the practical world works. Its not a linear line where you go to school, get a degree and then you have a job... viola every thing is perfect. Its a problem thats needs to be solved across the generations. I agree with the fact that the blacks have done themselves no favor. Instead of tackling the issue they have simply taken the easier route but that does not absolve the institution of discrimination & bias.

I will give a simple example how discrimination affects ppl, take a look at the housing sector. Even in India we only prefer ppl from our own or certain communities to rent a house. Alternative is obviously spend more money to get a residence and if you are poor you are doomed.

So you're saying even black lawyers, doctors, engineers and even CEOs are discriminated against? You're gonna have to sell that bridge to someone else.

And yes, it's actually that simple. You go to school, go to college, finish it, become a self-made man, preferably rich, and a huge chunk of the discrimination will disappear. At the very least, don't do crime. The crime rate among the blacks is ridiculously high. Just reducing the crime rate alone will help remove a lot of racism. Who the hell wants to be friends with a burglar, murderer or rapist? The hell does colour have to do with such people?

As for that housing example you gave, people choose those who they are comfortable dealing with when it comes to rent since they have to deal with those people on a monthly basis. This type of discrimination is not blatant racism, it's a natural habit, since you lose or gain something in the process that may affect your life and want as little interference as you can. So you would choose people who provide the least amount of risk. Which is why even Muslim house owners prefer to rent their house to non-Muslims in India. But when it comes to making a sale, there is very little discrimination, all that most people want is money. At least in India, only societies in certain geographies have discriminatory rules. And India is still an immature third world nation with significantly less education than the blacks in America. And totally unrelated to the discussion we are having.

The only reason blacks are still poor in America is because they choose to be that way. That's quite literally the only reason.

And as I pointed out before, this is one of the biggest problems, if not the biggest problem.
In 1965, 24 percent of black infants and 3.1 percent of white infants were born to single mothers. By 1990 the rates had risen to 64 percent for black infants, 18 percent for whites. Every year about one million more children are born into fatherless families.

Definite recipe for disaster. And you can bet the percentage is even higher today. One thing that the report doesn't mention is the average age of the single mothers has also fallen.

Many people also forget that the US is among the few countries where you can get free schoolling all the way up to high school and then pay your way through at least a basic 3-year college course with loans and part-time work. Instead they rather choose to not do hard work at a young age and instead end up working hard later on in their life. It's just life choices. And with broken families all over the place, the children do not get proper advice as they grow up and they end up suffering for it.

You can get unsecured federal loans up to $20,500 per year for tuition fees. Pick a relevant degree, like computers, finance etc, and you can pay back your entire loan in just 2-3 years after graduation. Hell, why not a trade school, become an electrician, plumber or carpenter or something. But, no... 'Cause... School ain't cool, brah!!!

As for your example of other native Asians who live in poor conditions, that's a very small chunk of the population and many of them are from rural areas and small towns. They have simply chosen that way of life. They are not discriminated against because their presence in the criminal world is muted.

Apart from that there are people who are inherently racist, showing sporadic flare-ups of their inner Nazi from time to time. Nothing can really be done about such people except socially ostracize them. But such people are the exception, not the norm.

Let me assure you, some police are just arseholes, and the ethnicity of the person they're dealing with has no bearing whatsoever.
Its just not police even ordinary ppl are bit sick , you can brush it off as one of incidents but they happen regularly that ppl have come to see it as normal.

And yes, it's actually that simple. You go to school, go to college, finish it, become a self-made man, preferably rich, and a huge chunk of the discrimination will disappear.
lol, you must be living in lala land, either you have no practical experience in real world or usual insensitive Indian defending all sorts of unacceptable practices. Americans themselves have acknowledged that fact very well that racism thrives but far rightist section (just like apologists for terrorists based on religion) keep spinning the yarn.

This is how education works in , this is not your some local poor hood but some of the elitist institutions in US.

lol, you must be living in lala land, either you have no practical experience in real world or usual insensitive Indian defending all sorts of unacceptable practices. Americans themselves have acknowledged that fact very well that racism thrives but far rightist section (just like apologists for terrorists based on religion) keep spinning the yarn.

This is how education works in , this is not your some local poor hood but some of the elitist institutions in US.

Dude, you literally only have anecdotal evidence about racism, notthing else. "Oh, look, one white person is racist, so that means all white people all over the world are racist." Okay. Your amazing real world experience is astounding. Have you ever considered you are the one racially profiling people now?

Did you read the line where it said the 'white' officers later "admonished the student who called police, saying Siyonbola had every right to be present"? Oh, so much racism.

Lol. And that white woman with the dog is obviously panicking, considering she doesn't even realise she's choking her own dog until the dog overpowers her 'wrist'.

Dude, that's the problem. The crime rates among blacks is so ridiculously high that you can't trust them at all. And all the good folks get caught up in that sh!t. As I said, the only solutions are unbroken families and college education. They get this done, all the 'racism' will automatically 'disappear'.

And stop using anecdotal evidence to generalise, it doesn't solve the problem. If racism was institutional, then it would be extremely visible, just like other countries which are openly discriminatory.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Its just not police even ordinary ppl are bit sick , you can brush it off as one of incidents but they happen regularly that ppl have come to see it as normal.
What you never hear about are things like the black guy I spoke to at the final stage of a BP assessment centre when I was a graduate. He had a 2:2.

Why, you racist scum?!? @#₹#$¢%©€€€
I had white friends with a 2:2, they couldn't even get a first interview at any of the top companies, let alone an oil & gas company that sets the bar way higher and offer higher wages. In fact, they even say 2:1 or better on the brochure. I have no idea how he magic'd his ar5e there.

I had white friends with a 2:2, they couldn't even get a first interview at any of the top companies, let alone an oil & gas company that sets the bar way higher and offer higher wages. In fact, they even say 2:1 or better on the brochure. I have no idea how he magic'd his ar5e there.
Well , BP as it turns out isn't an equal opportunity offender.